A new delivery of those products that have surprised us, this time the Special Line organic crushed tomato, the white brand of El Corte Inglés.
This afternoon we bring you a new installment of Test and Opinion in which we will talk about the organic crushed tomato sold by El Corte Inglés within the BIO line of Special Line, the white label with which this supermarket distributes its diet products.
We tried the organic crushed tomato BIO Special Line
Although it is clear that there is nothing like fresh seasonal tomatoes to make impressive sauces and stir-fries, the truth is that out of season it is difficult to find decent tomatoes that do not look plastic and totally tasteless, that's why I always try crushed tomatoes packaged to use in a pinch because, with few exceptions, I don't really like having to go to commercial tomato sauces either.
And for some time (for the record, this is not a post sponsored by the brand) the one that I always have in the pantry is this one that we are talking about and that you have already seen us use in some recipes such as our homemade Bourbon barbecue sauce or in the Quick Microwave Tomato Sauce.
Why do I like BIO organic crushed tomato from Special Line?
Well, it is a product that I like for several reasons:
· It comes packaged in a glass jar that, as I have already told you once, is something that I value very positively because canned preserves will be my hobby, they taste like a can.
· Even though it has no added sugars, it is not acidic, so I imagine you should use seasonal tomatoes that have ripened properly.
· The European seal that indicates that it is an ecological product is issued by the Spanish control body ES-ECO-025-NA, which guarantees compliance with current legislation on quality control and certifies the biological origin of the raw material.
· Being an ecological product, it does not have preservatives or colorants.
· The quality / price ratio is good, as the price is only slightly higher than other similar non-organic products.
Composition of BIO organic crushed tomato from Special Line
All the ingredients come from organic farming and, as I mentioned before, there are no preservatives or colorings and no added sugar or salt, so, once opened, it is recommended that it be stored in the fridge and consumed within a maximum period of 5 days.
Nutritional information (100 g)
Energy value —–> 25 kcal
Fat ——> 0.5 g
Carbohydrates (sugars) —–> 4 g
Proteins —–> 1.0 g
Salt —–> 0 g
How much does BIO Special Line organic crushed tomato cost?
As you can see on the purchase receipt, the price of the BIO organic crushed tomato from Special Line is € 1.69 for the 660 g bottle, so from my point of view it is a recommended product. Of course, I would like to know the criteria for writing the description of the products that appear on the tickets of the supermarkets of this chain, because I really don't understand it well.
And this has been my opinion about this product, did you know it? Have you tried it?
And you already know that we will be delighted if you leave us a comment in which you tell us what are those products that cannot be missing in your pantry.
Most moles and skin tags don't require treatment. But sometimes people want to remove them for cosmetic reasons or because they cause discomfort when they rub against clothing or get caught in jewelry. Check with your doctor if you have a mole that looks different from your other moles. He or she may need to do a biopsy of the mole, which means removing the mole and sending it to a lab to check it for cancer.