SL is working with the Municipal Corporation of Bengaluru (BBMP) towards decentralizing Municipal Solid Waste Management in Bengaluru.
Bengaluru is one of India’s largest metro cities with a population of over 11 million people, and generates over 4,000 tonnes of solid waste per day. Sensing Local is working with the Municipal Corporation of Bengaluru (BBMP) towards the following goals:
1) Implementation of 3-way segregation of waste (dry, wet, and sanitary waste) among all waste generators — small and bulk, residential and commercial.
2) Formulation of a strategy to implement decentralized collection and transport of waste across the entire city.
3) Planning and building stream-wise waste processing facilities such as Dry Waste Collection Centers, Bio-methanation units, Organic Waste Converters, Sanitary Waste Processing facilities etc.
4) Building an economic model of the entire city’s solid waste management model to aid in further policy making and direct further infrastructure spending.
Available to download at BBMP website: http://www.bbmp.gov.in/BBMPSWM/Forms/swmplan.aspx?Page=CleanBengaluru
1. SWM information manual 'Part I' overview
2. SWM Information Manual_Part-II Ward Specific Manual